Saturday, September 19, 2015

I Want to Earn For Online Writing, Not Online Socializing

     Thee are a lot of sites out there where you can write and earn money still but, you really are not earning for your writing skills on those sites, you earn because you socialize. People aren't drawn to your actual work unless you chit chat a lot. Well for the serous writer that is not really earning for writing. Writing does need advertising but not this constant requirement for the chit chat and socializing to earn. If you have to earn that way then really you are not earning based in what you write and the quality of work you put out there, you are earning baaed on how much time you have to sit in front of the computer and socialize.

     When I first started writing online I wrote for some amazing sites. Associated Content paid for each article and then also residual income based on views that were recieved for each piece. They did not purchae your work unless it met certain guidelins and was something that would draw traffic. You did not have to connect wiht hundreds of other members to earn money. You earned only on the quality of your work.

     Helium was the same way, you did not have to socialize to earn, you wrote, they accepted and the earning began. They accepted lower quality work than Associated at first but later held writers to higher standards.

     I wrote for other content sites too and loved the work. I was making some decent money and know if I had spent more time writing I would have made even more.

     Then along came sites like Bubblews, you wrote posts and all were accepted unless they violated terms of service. There were no quality expectations, anyone could post and it could be complete dribble. The key there was socialization. Well for the serious writer it was fun but not what we are all about.  I did enjoy earning money there but as time progressed they frowned at quality writing more and more, I got tired of the dribble and stopped wasting time there. They also stopped paying well enough to make it worth my time.

     The sites where I earned money for my content seem to all be gone. I have looked and looked for sites like that but now the only way to earn writing online is if you have a lot of time to sit and socialize. I do not have that kind of time and just can't work twelve hour days so I can make a few dollars a day. I won't continue writing for sites where the focus is on my socialization rather than my talent.

     For me now, I will blog for fun and continue to submit my quality work to hard copy magazines and also magazines online. Sadly I think the online writing, content sites are gone which makes me sad.

4 comments:

  1. Kim, you think along the same lines as I do. I believe I should be paid for my work, not for chit chat. Networking on Facebook groups can help us get sales and views, and I like that. But writing chit chat to make money isn't me.You might want to check out Writer's Digest for magazines and places looking for good writing.They also have writing competitions which they actually pay money as prizes. I believe, as you do, that the content writing sites are pretty much done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, thanks for your comments. I actually have found several magazines to send articles too...and books. It is of course a waiting game lol. Sadly the content sites are gone. People keep telling me to go to blog job and mylot etc but they are not what I want. I tried chatabout for a while but it is just a social networking site and got boring fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you publishing online at content website is not what it used to be. I feel we are no longer writers with dignity but instead social bloggers who are jumping through hoops to make a few pennies. For me it is better to publish on my blog and interact with the few comments that I get, they are real comments from people who liked my post, not by somebody that left a few words in order to get points or pennies. I have seen so many websites come and go since Bubblews, and have not heard of anyone getting compensated. I just do not want to write for anyone else, I just want to enjoy what i do and that is why my blog is the right fit for me. (Kim this is my 4th comment I have no idea where the other comments went, if they pop up please delete)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wikinut has notified us they are no longer paying for content. It's been a good 4 years.

    ReplyDelete