Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Life of a Writer: Submit, Rejection Letter, Submit Again and Again...

     I decided to start this new blog so I can share my success and sometimes not success in writing. I will not say failure because well in writing nothing is failure. It just takes a while for good things to happen. It can get discouraging sometimes but the main thing to remember is that someday, sometime there will be a place for my writing to find a home.

     I started writing poetry when I was a teenager. I loved to write poetry but, poetry is not something you just write, it is something that just comes to you. I have not written many poems in years because well, I just haven't felt poetry.

     I wrote several children's books when my sons were young and am still in the process of find tuning some to send off for publication. There are a few that I can send now but one of them does need more work.  I spent too much time trying to find an illustrator for three of my picture books. Now it is time to submit and let the cards fall where they may.

    I have been published many times at online writings sites. The sad thing is that most of them are no longer around. The good thing is that I made some very decent money while they were. I miss those sites a lot.

     The life of an author is not about success, it is about submissions, rejection letters and submitting again. A writer does get discouraged but that can not define you. It is important to dust off and keep submitting for someday your article or book will find that certain publisher who says "hey this is for us." So until that time it will be a life of submit, reject and submit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment