Tuesday, September 1, 2015

My First Hard Copy Publication

     Sometimes it is quite the struggle when you are a writer. Submit, get that rejection and then submit again. Imagine the excitement when you finally see your article in a magazine, not an online magazine but a hard copy magazine. Today I had that excitement!

     The article I wrote was actually published in 2014 and I received my copy of the magazine back in 2014 not realizing that my article was included. The publisher had purchased my article several months prior to the publication but, I never heard more about it. When I received the magazine I looked and looked for my article but just did not see it. I put the magazines away and planned to call them at a later date to see what was going on.

     Well, that later date was today September 1, 2015. Yes I totally forgot about the magazine. I know, crazy, but I did. They pointed out that my piece was in their summer publication, just a portion was published in that particular volume though because they want to use other pieces of my work in later magazines. So not only will I be published once in their magazine but three different times. How exciting!

    I am sure many of you are wondering what magazine, well I will tell you of course. It is Green Prints "The Weeders Digest" Summer 2014 publication. It is a very beautiful book/magazine. My story is on page 28 titled Pepper Puzzle.

     I am very thrilled to see my words in hard copy print in a legit magazine. I am excited because it is just neat and also it is great for my writing resume.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment